I know when you type a Story every Paragraph you sould start with the <P> Tag.

But if I want my Story to have a Name like DARK POEMS do I have to use the <P> Tag as well or can I use the Header Tag <> as well as the <P> Tag?

The <H4> sets the Headline Tag sould I also use the <P> Tag with my DARK POEMS name on the Body of the page right above the Paragraph?

Hi Bob,

You want to mark up your page semantically, so the structure makes sense. I don't know what the phrase 'Dark Poems' is to the paragraphs, so it's tough to say.

If you think of a book, the title of the book would be an H1, the chapter names might be an H2, etc.

So if Dark Poems is the name of the page, it should be h1.  If it's a header for a small section of the page maybe an h2.

Dan Stephenson

I am a professional Web Designer & Developer. I work with HTML, XHTML and CSS every day, and would be glad to help with your problems, and answer your questions.

Experience in the area I have been a web designer/developer since 1997. I started developing websites with HTML 3.2 and using tables for layout. In 2006 I received my degree in Computational Media, and now work full time as a Webmaster and Interactive Media Author, as well as teaching continuing education courses on HTML, CSS and ActionScripting at my local college. Currently I design with XHTML and CSS - no tables and much cleaner and more accessible code and allows the designer more freedom and flexibility than tables.

New Media Production & Design Degree - SAIT Polytechnic