HUD Properties/HUD Owner Occupant Rule

STLKev wrote at 2014-02-14 21:04:34
I see a lot of buyers post this question and the responses I've seen have been right on. DON'T DO IT! I'm a licensed Realtor and specialize in selling HUD and REO properties. The last class I attended on selling HUD properties I was told the penalty for Investors purchasing as an Owner Occupant are $250,000 fine and 2 years in jail! This should be a no brainer. Don't even think about it.

HUD Properties

Steele V. Propp

I can answer most foreclosure related questions. Buying, selling, the process of foreclosure, Loss Mitigation, Short Sales, etc. Both for HUD and VA homes as well as conventional foreclosures. I work 100% in the Foreclosure arena, dividing my time equally between consumers going through foreclosure, people interested in buying foreclosures (investors and those looking for a home of their own for lesser cost), and with the lenders doing foreclosures. This unique three prong approach allows me to see all three sides of the typical foreclosure scenario. Our goal is to offer advice and create a win-win-win situation.

19 years of bank owned housing experience.

Money Magazine, Real Estate Today, Consumer Digest and many newpapers, regional and national.

Foreclosure Specialist

GMAC Mortgage, Horizon Management, and 43 other lenders involved in the foreclosure process.