Hair Color/Dyeing hair

Question
Hi, I hope you can answer questions about hair dye.

I've never dyed my hair before and want to colour it black (my hair is currently a dark brown).

I don't want it to be permanent, I want to use a wash out dye. Are there wash out dyes that last for weeks - months? I don't want it gone in a few days. Do they work well? Do you have any advice for me, since I've never done it before.

Thanks

Answer
Nicole,
I found you in the question pool. When you are in the question pool this means your question was rejected I hope you don't mind me answering.

There are some color treatments that are called color rinses, they can be a mouse, gel or a color shampoo. These will last until your next shampoo. You apply them to clean towel dried hair and style as desired (downside the colors tend to run with sweat onto clothes and accessories and can stain your skin or clothing. Wear an old shirt;-))

And there are semi permanent color treatments. I recomend this treatment because this will gradually fade without re growth(roots) and will give you time to adjust to the change. They also are not as prone to run as easily.

And they last between 1-2 weeks.

Then you have long lasting semi permanent color which is more of a commitment. They last 4-6 weeks

These colors generally do NOT require mixing and the bottle will be the color you end up with.

They all come in cream, gel or mouse form.

My advice would be to have fun since these color treatments damage the hair very little. With permanent color its more damaging to the hair cuticle and semi permanent color is a great way to have fun.

You may want to do a strand test to see how the color reacts to the hair and test for an allergy though. To do this you pick a small piece of hair (about 25 strands) and color it with the dye like you normaly would. If the hair or your skin has a negetive reaction its better that its a small section then your whole head.

I hope I helped.
-Cherie

Hair Color

Cherie