Hair Color/Different shades

3 colors
3 colors  
My hair has been through a lot the last month or two. I was dying my natural level 7-8 Ash Blonde hair Box Black for 2 years. After 15+ hours at the salon and 4 bleaching processes later, it went from a black-->orangy blonde-->level 6 brown. The brown was applied to rid my hair of the orange.

Question: My Hair is level 6 Brown on the shaft and ends, An inch of level 5 brown near scalp, and 1/2 inch of ash blonde. How can I get it all to be the same color without going any darker? The goal was to go all natural. I was wanting to purchase a "One and Only" Level 7 Medium Ash Blonde with a 20 volume developer. Would this help me? Even if there is a slight variance, that is okay, but I don't want huge color variations.

Also, although my hair is naturally ashy, it pulls very brassy with color.

The best thing you can do is to try to work WITH the hair instead of against it. Since your hair pulls orange so hard have you considered red hair? Match the level of red to  level of 6 brown and you will get a better all over color. But I would do this ONLY at the salon. This will make your hair a reddish brown or you can pick a deeper red. Either way it can be flattering on a lot of people.

Another thing you can do is make it look like you did it on purpose. You can go Ombre wich is a two tones color in which the roots are darker and gradually fade towards the ends. This is one of the hottest new trends in color and can be a little more gradual and less of a shock.

I hope I helped

Hair Color

I can't answer Medical or legal questions about the beauty industry. I won't answer questions that help minors sneak around their parents. In short if it can be done in a beauty salon or in beauty school I should be able to help you

I went to beauty school. I did a ten page essay on beauty ethics and the law for the Missouri beauty boards, I worked in a salon and waited on other people in professional and personal instances from as young as 4 up to in the 90 years of age. Men women and children. I have done formal occasions to basic beauty services including waxing, color, and cutting and styles

Yahoo Answers

Beautians liscense, passed The Missouri College of Cosmetology, also a certified nail technician

When people can't stop looking in the mirror and when they can't. Stop playing in their hair, then you know you did a good job. I also ranked 4th from the top of my class

Good grief. There are too many. My daughter is always my favorite client