Hair Color/Hair colour

Question
Pls pls pls how can i make hair colour last
Some say use high percent of devloper
Pls help
My med brown hair is dyed in ash drk blond streakes
Also wot colour i shld use
I am med fair with med brown eyes and shoulder length hair
I am 50
Thanx

Answer
Hi Parveen

Let's start with the first part of your question: "..how can I make hair colour last
Some say use high percent of developer.."

Ok..who ever "some" is, they are DEAD WRONG~!! A higher developer is used to lift the hair from your natural level to higher levels of lift. What does this mean in hairstylists terms? Color is defined from level 1 through 10. If you are a medium brown, you fall in the category of level 4. Different manufacturers will tell you that their developers will give you a certain amount of deposit and lift. With most companies, 20 volume is a deposit/or 1 level of lift, 30 volume is 2 levels of lift and 40 volume will take you 3 levels of lift.

Here's the thing, higher levels of developer are used to create lighter hair, they have nothing to do with "LONGER LASTING HAIR COLOR". If you want your color to last longer, first of all, use a premium brand shampoo. Shampoos that are not made for color treated hair will rip the color out of you hair. Look at any shampoo product that is made for color treated hair. The conditioner is equally important...DO NOT USE those cheap products just because of price. I like L'Anza products, look them up on the internet!

Now, since I cannot see what you look like, it's hard for me to tell you what color you should be. Color is about how you feel best. I am not a fan of ash colors, however in some cases ash tones are used to knock out the red out of hair. If you want a better answer send me some great pics and I will see what I can do. By the way, in reference to 50, it is the new 40!

Good Luck

P.S. Please don't forget to rate and nominate me, it is important for my ratings, I really appreciate it!  

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist