Hair Color/my hair is ruining my life

Hiya, so I have a full head of highlights which I am really unhappy with as some bits are yellow/orange and others basically white (which was the desired colour for my whole head in the first place but my hairdresser wouldn't do it). I was just wondering if a hairdresser would be able to correct this and make my whole head the same white blonde colour even though the majority of my hair is already bleached and most of my hair is all different colours!
Thanks for your time and hope you can help. Tilly x

Hi Tilly,

Well the good news is...YES, it can be done...but not easy. You see, the only way to do this is to actually part all your hair into small sections and work with each section carefully. Your hair dresser needs to use aluminum foils. She needs to highlight your hair in very small sections making sure that she is only picking up the orange strands of hair...sounds difficult...IT IS! But it can be done.

Now, of course I am assuming that you still want to look highlighted....unless you want the entire head to be this lighter color, which you are calling white. (But I do understand what you mean by that:)

Anyway, the other consideration is the texture of your hair, and the length. Is it fine, medium or coarse? You see, finer hair will break and coarse hair will take longer to achieve the results.

Also, in order to achieve a lighter result, you must use a stronger activator for your lightening powder (Bleach). The activators we use are generally from 10/40 volume. When using a 40 volume activator, we are going for real light results, but we must also be vigil of be good to your hair unless you really want to have hair that will make you feel miserable.

Also, if I could see pics of what you are talking about, I can better assure you on what to do. Otherwise, just find someone who is very capable and trust the professional to do the RIGHT thing, not just what you want. Remember Tilly, in the end, healthy hair is better than light, broke and dry hair!

Good Luck!

Nick Trombetta

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist

Ready to color your hair, and don't have a single clue on how to start? I will try my best to guide you in your new or old hair color venture, whether you are going to a professional or trying to do it yourself. If you are going to see a professional I can help by answering all questions regarding your initial consultation, what to say to your colorist, how to describe what your wishes are and well talk about realistic expectations. Everything starts with a good conversation; learn how to discuss hair color in terms which make sense to a colorist.

I started as a young assistant at Vidal Sassoon in 1982 and got the training that has always sustained me throughout my professional life. I first became involved in hair color in the mid 80s when I realized that my passion for painting was a vehicle understanding hair color. I joined the industry of hair color teaching and began a career as a platform artist in 1991. The next 25 years, took me across the USA and North America doing all hair shows, demonstrations on both hair cutting and hair coloring. I went from regional education, to national, eventually crossing into North America and being promoted as the USA Artistic Director for It&lyhairfashion, N.A. My hair salon is an award-winning destination for hair expertise, and I am proud to say that I have one of the most elite hair expert teams working for me.

Modern Salon Magazine Salon and Day Spa Westchester Magazine

Involved in hair shows and teaching professional hairdressers for over 25 years.

Best Hair Colorist of 2011 awarded by "Westchester Magazine" in New York. Featured in Modern Salon as one of the top national hair colorists.