Hair Color/Please help

Question
So I bleached my hair and dyed it red because it had been dyed before and I got tired of the red and i decided to dye an emerald color over the faded red because I thought green covered red and it came out like a blackish dark brown color. So my question is, how do I get it back to the bleached color?

Answer
Hi Nina,

I read your answer this morning but I was at work and could not answer, sorry...now that I'm home, let's take this apart. You are bleaching your own hair, I don't know if you are using an over the counter product from a retail store or from a Professional Beauty Supply store. I am going to assume that you bought a professional lightener. There are many things to know when one lightens their hair. For one, the volume of the developer. Did you use 20, 30 or 40 volume activator? How dark is your hair if 1 is black and 10 is ultra light blonde? What level between the value of 1-10 would you say your hair was lightened to? Was it yellow or was there any orange overtones? These questions and answers are important for me to know how to proceed.
Again, I will assume you lightened to the yellow stage, and applied a red direct dye. How long was that dye in your hair before you applied the green? Days...weeks? (Direct dyes come straight from a bottle, example: http://www.crazycolor.co.uk/

If that is what you used, these are classified as stains also, and they are not easily removed without causing dryness to the hair. These shades can be removed by doing what we call a "French Fluff", how much comes out depends on what you used and how long you left it on.

Here's the mix to remove the dye: 1 ounce each of water, shampoo, 20volume developer and 1 scoop of lightening powder (Bleach) Make this shampoo like mixture and massage through the hair, do not let it sit on the scalp, the heat that is released from your head will give you a much more lightening effect on the scalp. Just massage through the hair and wait to see how much you can lift out. Do this several times and than immediately conditions your hair. How long should you leave it on?...Depends, no more than 20 minutes...look at it and see how it's working.

DO NOT use straight bleach as you will cause more damage to your hair. Try this formula and let me know how it works!

Good Luck!

Nick Trombetta

Nick

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist