Hair Color/Dying blonde hair

Question
Hi, I have brown hair with a blonde ombre. I wanted to use a temporary box dye to dye my hair a red-auburn color for halloween. Would a red box dye work on the blonde in my hair? Or would it turn pink?

Answer
Hi Leah

When you say a temporary box dye, what color company are we referring to? There are many on the market. One of my favorites these days is made by a company called PRAVANA. Anyhow, the answer to your question is simple, if the pre-lightened blondes are light enough, a red direct dye (That's what it is called) will not turn pink. Leave it on for at least a half a hour and your hair will be nice and red. But make sure it is a very light blonde. Also look on line for a color called "Crazy Colors", they work out very well too! You can find all this fun stuff at a Sally's Beauty Supply. It's an easy application...just put it on the hair straight out of the color tube...no mixing!

I wish you all the best!

Nick

http://pravana.com/
http://www.crazycolor.co.uk/

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist