Hair Color/mixing matrix socolor

Question
My hair is colored professionally. 80% of my hair is matrix socolor#9
And the last 6 years I've gotten #10.
As my hair is aging I'm getting grey. My #10 is beautiful but very white blonde. Would it be a mistake to go back to #9 and mix it with #10 at roots only at my next touchup visit? Thanks!!

Answer
Hi Diane,

You can most certainly mix the two. When you have extremely gray hair, the #10 can seem very translucent, while mixing the #9 can warm it up a bit, it's just not enough to get the gray coverage you want. I'm wondering if it's time for you to be using only the #9. That's my thought, without seeing your hair.

All the best,

Nick

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist