Hair Color/Silver to blue-what to do!?

Question
Hi
I am a guy with salt and pepper hair and beard. I bought some cheap 'silver grey' hair dye hoping I could get the same colour. Instead it has made my hair darker and given it a blueish tint!
The hair is not so bad-it is short and I can wear a hat. But the beard!? I am hoping it will wash out. I am on vacation and away from work for a week so I am keeping my fingers crossed. What do you think!

Answer
Hi Bud,

I don't know how long you left this on and what product you used, that would help me.There are several methods. The first is the easiest one and its a home remedy. Sometimes a liquid dish washing soap mixed with baking soda will remove some of the color by washing with it and leaving it on the hair for up to 30 minutes. Some people prefer Vitamin C caps crushed and mixed with water. The professional way is to go the nearest beauty supply and buy some bleach powder and a small bottle of 20 volume activator. You need to make a mixture using one scoop of the bleach powder mix it with 1ounce . of water, 1 ounce of shampoo and 1 ounce of 20 volume developer. This is called "French Fluff", it's been used by hair colorists for ages. Just keep an eye on it, after 5 minutes see what you got. Leave it on until you begin to see the color dissapear, but not to long so that your beard becomes orange or worse yet, blonde. If you go nice and easy, you will see it work.

Here's some other suggestions from the internet I found for you: http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Dye-from-Hair

Hope this helps!

Nick

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist