Hair Color/Which highlift ash is the best to counteract red/brassy tones?

Question
I have been coloring my hair for almost 30 years. I am a natural dark blonde, and have been using highlift ash because my hair draws red/ brassy. The last one I used left my roots really brassy bacause it had a blue and gold base.  I hears Igora by Schwarzkopf has a highlift ash with a violet base, Paul Mitchell Highlift Ash is green based, and Framesi comes highly recommended, but not sure what the base color is. Any suggestions? I do shampoo once a week with Red Gold Corrector violey drops to brighten my blonde.

Answer
Good morning Kel,

My question when using high lift shades is always..."How much gray do you have, and what volume of developer are you using." Next comes the other question, which product is best. It is difficult to determine that from here, since I cannot see of feel your hair. I am not a fan of Paul Mitchell hair color. Igora is an excellent product, but I do love the Framesi brand, so I would personally go with them. The natural base for the ashes on Framesi High lift is Green/Blue. I am sending you their technical manual and it will be very helpful.

In the end make sure that you are using a higher developer to reduce the melanin in your own natural tone, by doing so, it will assure that you have less red in your hair.

http://4f6dhh1h9ytbl8wo53ffy3rdvl.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/201

Good luck

Nick

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist