Hair Color/Temporary black hair dye to capri blue?

Question
my hair is naturally brown and i have a black temporary hair dye in at the moment and looking to dye my hair capri blue in 2 weeks time, i was wondering what is the best bleach to use? and would i have to bleach it twice?

Answer
Hi Melanie,

Black is black, and a temporary black dye is even a worst commitment that a permanent dye. When it comes to black, there's no such thing as a temporary color, black is the deepest of stains, therefore the removal of this dye is serious. In reference to the best bleaching product, it's a personal thing. Wella, L'Oreal, Framesi, It&lyHairFashion, Rusk, Schwartzkoff, any of these companies make s premium lightener. Of course you have to also chose the proper level of developer. You can start with 20 volume and increase to 30 or 40 if the black does not come out. You need to bring the hair to a minimum level 7..(medium blonde) so that when you stain it with the blue, it will be beautiful and intense. You didn't mention the length of your hair, I would recommend starting at the mid shaft to the ends first, the closer you are to the root, the faster it lifts. (It's because of the heat that is naturally released from the scalp.) If your hair is short, obviously, this is an easier task. Go slow and work carefully, and you might have to repeat the lightening process more than once.
Anyway, it's all fun stuff so...go at it!!

I wish you luck!

Nick

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist