Hair Color/Hair color

Hi nick
Pls let me know how i can keep my highlighted brown hair with med gold highlights fresh and non faded
I use shamopoos for colour hair and same conditioners.the water i use is never not hot ,just med warm
The coulr fades away and i dont know how to root touch at home
Is it a good idea to mix hair coulor in shampoo ?

Hi Nasreen,

Sadly hair color will oxide and fade. The process is inevitable, the sun, weather, and heat, are elements that add to the dye fading out of the hair. It would seem that you are doing everything right. By not using hot water, which would open the cuticle layer and help the color molecules fade out much faster, and by using products to safekeep your color, your highlights should last longer.
There are shampoos in the market which have color in them, so you don't have to make your own formula. Just google it. (currently I am on vacation and don't have a computer in front on me. I can't cut, copy and paste on my phone without losing this message) However the answer to your question is "yes", you can add color to the shampoo, and emulsify it into your hair for 5/10 minutes to add color back to your highlights. Of course, you need to find a color that matches your highlights.

Now in reference to root touching at home, that's not too difficult. Go to a local store that sells hair color in a box, and the kit will have everything you need. The color, processing solution, an applicator bottle and usually a plastic bag to cover the hair during the process. Simply divide the hair into 4 sections, and begin in the back by applying only on the roots, no more than an inch. The process generally takes about 25 minutes, than you just pull it through to the ends a little, but since you have highlights, don't, otherwise you will darken them. It's this simple! :)

If you need any more help please let me know.

I wish you the best!

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist

Ready to color your hair, and don't have a single clue on how to start? I will try my best to guide you in your new or old hair color venture, whether you are going to a professional or trying to do it yourself. If you are going to see a professional I can help by answering all questions regarding your initial consultation, what to say to your colorist, how to describe what your wishes are and well talk about realistic expectations. Everything starts with a good conversation; learn how to discuss hair color in terms which make sense to a colorist.

I started as a young assistant at Vidal Sassoon in 1982 and got the training that has always sustained me throughout my professional life. I first became involved in hair color in the mid 80s when I realized that my passion for painting was a vehicle understanding hair color. I joined the industry of hair color teaching and began a career as a platform artist in 1991. The next 25 years, took me across the USA and North America doing all hair shows, demonstrations on both hair cutting and hair coloring. I went from regional education, to national, eventually crossing into North America and being promoted as the USA Artistic Director for It&lyhairfashion, N.A. My hair salon is an award-winning destination for hair expertise, and I am proud to say that I have one of the most elite hair expert teams working for me.

Modern Salon Magazine Salon and Day Spa Westchester Magazine

Involved in hair shows and teaching professional hairdressers for over 25 years.

Best Hair Colorist of 2011 awarded by "Westchester Magazine" in New York. Featured in Modern Salon as one of the top national hair colorists.