Hair Color/Blonde to ombre

Question
I have pretty light hair I would say a 9N and I want to ombre the roots out but not too dark something subtle like a dirty blonde, should I use something like a 7N or use a 6G, I have red undertones in my hair and Its so blonde I don't want it to turn green or grey. any advice on what to use is awesome!
Thanks :)

Answer
Hi Rory,
I'm not sure I like your plan. Have you thought about what that would do for the future of your hair? This means that eventually your hair would become dark as you apply a level seven or a level six to your root color, you will begin darkening your hair color in months to come. If you don't  like your results, you will have to then go back and re-highlight your hair to bring them back up to a level nine. You will have a hard time trying to match your own natural hair color again. Consider doing some low lighting instead. In fairness a level 6 or 7 will be fine...but be careful what you're asking for because you just might get it and be happy about it. In fairness seeing your hair would have  given me a better opportunity to really see what you got and think about what you should really do.

All the best.....happy coloring.

Nick T

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist