Hair Color/Violet Shampoo/ Conditioner Issues

I had my hair bleached to platinum blonde two weeks ago.  Naturally, I am darker than Kate Middleton, so it was not so easy, but we got me out not at all brassy.  That said, a few of my strands got a little bit warmer when I took a shower at a hotel.  I panicked, and bought the Kevin Murphy purple shampoo, and conditioner, and left the conditioner on for five minutes three days in a row.  It turned a lot of my hair purple, and now it looks much warmer than before.  I probably should have not freaked out.  Do you think I could wash it out with Pureology purifying shampoo, and use a really strong conditioner?  If it was not warm before I used the violet shampoo, will it cool back down, once I get the purple out?  Or, do you think I need to go back, and ask them to reglaze it?  I had this done via a full foil, which was quite a process…. 97 foils packed in, with 40 volume bleach.  I want to make sure it does not get to the point where I would have to lose the length.  A girl at the salon says she has seen this happen before, when one gets too obsessive about purple shampoo~ turns the hair a mauve-like color.  What do you think the best option is?

HI Katie Rose

I am no sure what would have cause hair to go warm from a shower...even at a hotel, which depending on where you were, they us filters to purify the water. Leaving a conditioner in the hair does not make it go warm, and a violet based shampoo also does not deposit warm tines back into the hair. It is designed to remove unwanted yellow and brassy tones.

I'd like to suggest that you go back and ask them to do a shampoo cap with some lightner just to buffer the hair a bit and remove any build up residue. Have them suggest what shampoo and conditioner to use, since they know the color and texture, this would be the best way to start:)

I wish you the best!

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist

Ready to color your hair, and don't have a single clue on how to start? I will try my best to guide you in your new or old hair color venture, whether you are going to a professional or trying to do it yourself. If you are going to see a professional I can help by answering all questions regarding your initial consultation, what to say to your colorist, how to describe what your wishes are and we’ll talk about realistic expectations. Everything starts with a good conversation; learn how to discuss hair color in terms which make sense to a colorist.

I started as a young assistant at Vidal Sassoon in 1982 and got the training that has always sustained me throughout my professional life. I first became involved in hair color in the mid 80’s when I realized that my passion for painting was a vehicle understanding hair color. I joined the industry of hair color teaching and began a career as a platform artist in 1991. The next 25 years, took me across the USA and North America doing all hair shows, demonstrations on both hair cutting and hair coloring. I went from regional education, to national, eventually crossing into North America and being promoted as the USA Artistic Director for It&lyhairfashion, N.A. My hair salon is an award-winning destination for hair expertise, and I am proud to say that I have one of the most elite hair expert teams working for me.

Modern Salon Magazine Salon and Day Spa Westchester Magazine

Involved in hair shows and teaching professional hairdressers for over 25 years.

Best Hair Colorist of 2011 awarded by "Westchester Magazine" in New York. Featured in Modern Salon as one of the top national hair colorists.