Hair Color/Boy; Change hair color to blonde / get highlights?

Question
Hello, I'm wondering whether or not to dye my hair blonde, I'm 16, I've got (dark-)brown hair, and I've never dyed my hair before!
(This is me: http://imgur.com/Qa3EUl2 hair's more of a quiff currently!)

So, should I do it? I'd like to have it similar to the hair in these pictures:
-http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/e15/10952963_1554287
-http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/e15/10979654_2612102

Answer
Hi Glenn,

I don't see why not. Am I assuming you are having this done professionally? If so, this is very easy to do. Highlighting your hair is not like a tattoo, it's not permanent. If you don't like the results, you get a shade that matches your own and color it right back.

Over the course of my career I have had every color imaginable in my hair. However, if you plan to do this yourself, well I suggest you be careful. Going blonde without the proper products and knowledge can lead to disasters. You can easily wind up with orange hair instead of blonde.

Go to a salon and get it done right, but of course, research your professional colorist before you go, and make sure they too know what they are doing. Ask them to see pictures of their work of previous clients. Don't be afraid to ask to see their work, a true professional these days, has a phone filled with pictures of their work and they are too eager to show them off. To be sure they are real, make sure the pics show the background of the salon you are in. Anyone can upload pics from the internet and pass them off as their work!

I wish you the best....good luck!

Nick T

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist