Hair Color/Odell hair

How does odell dye the tips of his hair like that. Is there a way to do that at home and if not how much would it cost to do that at a hair salon

Hi Don,

Odell's hair is not so hard to do. But the question for me is...what kind of hair do you have? Is it also curly like his? While it seems easy enough to do, it can be a mess. It's not difficult to color the tips on short curly hair. You can use a bleach which you can purchase at any Sally's Beauty Supply. And with a fine comb, after mixing your bleach and developer (No more than a 20 Volume) dip it in the creamy bleach and just comb through or pick through the ends of the hair. Start out by not  coloring too much, get used to the technique first. Just wash out when you see the color that you like. The longer you leave in the bleach the lighter your hair will get. It it's too orange, juts leave it in longer until you see the orange gone and the yellow. If you do not want to see orange or yellow just leave it in your hair no more than 15 minutes, and you will get a nice caramel. As far as prices, I could not tell you, I don't know what type of hair you have nor how much of it. Also prices will vary from salon to salon.

All the best

The psyCOLORgyst!

Please rate the answer:)

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist

Ready to color your hair, and don't have a single clue on how to start? I will try my best to guide you in your new or old hair color venture, whether you are going to a professional or trying to do it yourself. If you are going to see a professional I can help by answering all questions regarding your initial consultation, what to say to your colorist, how to describe what your wishes are and well talk about realistic expectations. Everything starts with a good conversation; learn how to discuss hair color in terms which make sense to a colorist.

I started as a young assistant at Vidal Sassoon in 1982 and got the training that has always sustained me throughout my professional life. I first became involved in hair color in the mid 80s when I realized that my passion for painting was a vehicle understanding hair color. I joined the industry of hair color teaching and began a career as a platform artist in 1991. The next 25 years, took me across the USA and North America doing all hair shows, demonstrations on both hair cutting and hair coloring. I went from regional education, to national, eventually crossing into North America and being promoted as the USA Artistic Director for It&lyhairfashion, N.A. My hair salon is an award-winning destination for hair expertise, and I am proud to say that I have one of the most elite hair expert teams working for me.

Modern Salon Magazine Salon and Day Spa Westchester Magazine

Involved in hair shows and teaching professional hairdressers for over 25 years.

Best Hair Colorist of 2011 awarded by "Westchester Magazine" in New York. Featured in Modern Salon as one of the top national hair colorists.