Hair Color/Good roots, faded ends

Hello there! About a week ago I dyed my hair twice. Once Sunday night and realized the Vidal Sassoon runway red color turned my brown hair orange and then dyed it again Monday night with a beautiful L'Oreal Paris 465 Deep Auburn Brown to get rid of the orange. I loved the color after using the L'Oreal but after a week my Virgin roots still look pretty good but the rest of my hair has faded out tremendously and the bottoms almost look like my old brown or a very natural red color. Is there anything I can do to fix the color? If I dye my hair again will that change the color of my roots or would the dye not even hold well enough? Thank you so much for your help!

Hi Gabriella,

All this hair coloring is compromising your hair, your cuticle is not holding on to the dye because the ammonia is over blowing your cuticle layer. In my opinion you should try to find a Demi permanent hair color, which contains no ammonia. Use it on your ends and the hair will hold on to the color without any damage to your hair. Please note that color correction is not an easy thing to do. At some point you will find that a salon professional might be the answer.

All the best

Hair Color

The PsyCOLORgist

Ready to color your hair, and don't have a single clue on how to start? I will try my best to guide you in your new or old hair color venture, whether you are going to a professional or trying to do it yourself. If you are going to see a professional I can help by answering all questions regarding your initial consultation, what to say to your colorist, how to describe what your wishes are and well talk about realistic expectations. Everything starts with a good conversation; learn how to discuss hair color in terms which make sense to a colorist.

I started as a young assistant at Vidal Sassoon in 1982 and got the training that has always sustained me throughout my professional life. I first became involved in hair color in the mid 80s when I realized that my passion for painting was a vehicle understanding hair color. I joined the industry of hair color teaching and began a career as a platform artist in 1991. The next 25 years, took me across the USA and North America doing all hair shows, demonstrations on both hair cutting and hair coloring. I went from regional education, to national, eventually crossing into North America and being promoted as the USA Artistic Director for It&lyhairfashion, N.A. My hair salon is an award-winning destination for hair expertise, and I am proud to say that I have one of the most elite hair expert teams working for me.

Modern Salon Magazine Salon and Day Spa Westchester Magazine

Involved in hair shows and teaching professional hairdressers for over 25 years.

Best Hair Colorist of 2011 awarded by "Westchester Magazine" in New York. Featured in Modern Salon as one of the top national hair colorists.