Hair Loss/hair loss of eyebrows and eyelashes in an 8-year old girl

Worried Mom wrote at 2013-02-09 00:44:03
I also have an eight year old daughter with the EXACT same problem.  First was eyelashes breaking off mid-shaft, then eyebrows began to fall out.  This has been happening over a year now.  She has many food allergies, asthma, and mild eczema.  Have been to paediatrician, TWO well known dermatologists, and an allergist.  All gave answers like what you were given.  No topical medications helped at all except hydrocortisone, albeit temporarily. She says they itch and she rubs.  Another possibility is stress which we are now looking into.  Sorry,  no answers.  Just letting you know you are not alone in this.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>