Hair Loss/seborrheic dermatitis in eyebrows

sittingwolf wrote at 2008-12-20 15:48:47
I had a similar problem several years ago.  I used tea tree oil on my eyebrows once or twice a day for only a couple of days and the flakiness went away and has not returned.  It is all natural and safe and worth a try.  Tea tree oil is a good anti-fungal and also helps cuts and scrapes heal faster.  If the tea tree oil is too strong, dilute it with some veg oil, or grapeseed oil.

I also take flax seed oil daily and this has cleared up my dandruff and dry skin.  Flax oil has totally cleared up my son's eczema.

These are natural things that you can try.  Give the tea tree oil a couple of days to work, and with the flax oil, you should notice a difference in about a week (I take 8 softgels/day).

I hope this helps, these are not easy things to deal with, but they can be overcome.

Blessings!

Bive wrote at 2012-03-23 13:32:24
I had dermatitis on my eyebrows and then I suffered from alopecia areata which made lose half of one eyebrow...I had to paint it all the time.. it was horrible... I was like this for like 1 1/2 years and after a cortisone treatment it grow back :)

So basically if the hair follicle is not damaged (which in your case is not) it will take time but the hairs will grow back I promise!in the meantime do not think of tattoos or hair transplants...just be patient...

Good luck and best wishes x

HGhir wrote at 2012-10-26 12:02:57
I went for some semi permanent make up at a Harley Street clinic, only to enhance my shape. I was not loosing my eyebrow hair. I was told not wash the area for 7 days, and my eyebrows scabbed heavily. When I began washing the area the eyebrows hair started to slide out and the skin was very oily and mushy. I had a total breakdown as I thought the skin was dry and needed more moisture which made the problem even worse. I went to the doctors, she couldn't help I spoke to the semi permanent clinic they said they had unheard of such a thing. After some research and speaking to another semi permanent artist who told me I needed to wash the area as it had become to oily I realized I had SB. I couldn't believe what I had done to myself. I used a anti dandruff shampoo this morning and tea tree oil which has really helped saw a few hairs come out whilst washing, but have to accept what has happened to me. I intend to wash the skin daily and continue using tea tree oil and hope to god my skin goes back to normal and my hairs grow back. So please do not have any semi permanent make up as this is what it can do to you, especially to the eyebrows.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>