Hair Loss/help for seborric dermatitis

Question
QUESTION: hello doctoc im 17 and im haveing seborric dermatics and its a severe case now and it is gone 5 moths older.i shead hair like worse and cant even tap hair or massage.is their any connection with baldness cause my hair has gone thinner and im very worried. its also seem that im having rash on my scalp now and it itch a lot.plz i need to know that if i shave my head will it be helpfull or not? thnx

ANSWER: Hello Haider,

Have you seen a Dermatologist for this problem?  Are you using a medicated shampoo?  How often do you shampoo?  I assume you are male?  Do you put any oils on your hair/scalp?  Are you taking any medications?..................Are you following a healthy diet and regular exercise?

Have you had a blood test to check your Thyroid?

The more info you provide the better.

Thank You.

QUESTION: i shamoo daly and im a male and i use too many oils like derma smooth and other herbal oils i dont do any exersice and it itch me alot when i wear cap .

Answer
Dear Haider,

There are many questions unanswered but from the info you provided I would say that the oils are contributing to the itching.  Once you wash your scalp and hair, putting oils on it clogs the pores and contributes to itching.  If you absolutely need to use oils, keep it to a minimum and apply only to the ends of the hair and keep away from the scalp.

Best of Luck.

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou