Hair Loss/Female Hairloss in 30 yr old

I have been experiencing hair shedding since I was 28 (I'm now 33). After the birth of my son (at 27)I tried birthcontrol pills (for 2 mos and stopped)I really started to notice my scalp showing more and more. My hair was SO thick that when I addressed the issue with my doctor I don't think they took me very seriously. Now 4 years later, what used to be a thick unmanagable head of hair, has turned thin and has me searching for styles to conceal the areas that are thinning. I shed a lot, my hair is everywhere....but from what I'm reading, I dont have the typical "female pattern". I'm thinning all over, but have completety lost hair in triangles at my temples and my hair line at my forehead is slowly moving back. I did address this with a Derm and she keeps sending me home assuring me that I'm not going bald and "these things happen". Because I have a regular period, and am not losing hair anywhere else on my body....she's not concerned. My skin has changed and the Rogaine I used doesn't help.I am also growing hair around the nipple area. I do use drug store hair dye at the lightest blonde to color my hair every 3-4 weeks...not sure if thats a factor either.Today I have just been sobbing as the top of my head is visibly see through and I was forced to cut bangs to conceal.I will do anything to make this stop, or have some light shed on the situation.

There is a type of hair loss called frontal fibrosing alopecia that causes hair loss around the forehead hairline and sides, resembling a receding hairline. The skin in the area of hair loss can have a contrast to rest of skin on scalp. I am only mentioning this because you mentioned these areas, and you also mentioned skin changes. I am not implying that you have this condition.
Hair loss in the form of excessive shedding, is common after delivery. If the body is well-nourished and healthy, the excessive shedding usually ends within seven months and hair growth returns to normal. If there are any type of internal imbalances, the postpartum hair loss can continue and become what is known as chronic telogen efflvuium. It is important to consider your total overall health and well being, and to make note of any and every possible symptom you may have, as any imbalanced can lead to hair loss.
I don't recommend using harsh chemicals such as hair dye when the hair is in a fragile, falling condition.
Essential oil scalp treatments can be used as a natural hair loss remedy to stimulate new hair growth. You can learn more about using essential oils for hair growth at the links provided below.
Please let me know if I can help you further.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig
Essential Oils for Hair Loss
Understanding Female Hair Loss
Create Your Own Natural Hair Loss Remedies  

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.