Hair Loss/Hair loss

Question
Dear sir.i'm rafsan.i'm only 17 but 70 percent of my hair has fallen out.my scalp is so oily and itchy.my hair is so thin and unhealthy.i haven't seen a new hair growth for last 2 yeras.on my scalp there are pus filled pimples and they itch a lot.i have had dandruff for last 3 years.and my hair started falling from then.after a few research i came to know that they may be a kind of fungus.now they are gone but my hair is still falling.i am losing hair rapidly.i'm using minoxidil 5 percent(rogaine) for 4 months but no improvement.please help me sir.how to shut down those oil glands of my scalp premanently and what is the proper treatment for me.and why my hair stopped to regrow.thank you.

Answer
Hello Rafsan,

You should be shampooing every day or at least every other day with a good cleansing shampoo ( NOT a Conditioning shampoo).  Furthermore ensure that you are shampooing and rinsing twice each time AND using Hot water to do so.  Also note that a conditioner is most likely NOT required and do NOT use oils on your scalp after you shampoo.  If you absolutely must use oils for any reason, Please apply as little as possible and only to the ends of the hair.......AWAY from the scalp.  If the Rogaine is not helping I believe you should stop........it is expensive and is a drug that must continue to be used indefinitely and with possible side effects.

Good Luck.

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou