Hair Loss/Hello doctor

QUESTION: Helllo i am from Croatia(small country in Europe), 18 year old, soon 19, my english is not very well, but i will do my best to explain my situation.I had an unpleasant and stressful situation in June this year , after that situation a few days i went to barber to cut my hair like i always do and when i back home i noticed a sudden decrease in hair, to be more precise hair thinned out.Hair folicules thinend out same with eyebrows, And as time has passed hair started growing more slowly then usually, it began to fall and its soft to the touch.(Before I had a thick and strong hair)
I find a half dozen hairs on the pillow when I get up, and during shower and drying the hair around the 70-80 more more.when i run with my finger trough hair i found 2-3 hair every single time.The situation is even worse because the hair all over my body(legs,arms,pubic hair,beard) has become soft on those places.Eyebrows were also thinned as the pubic hair, i had thickeyebrows before.

I started googling about these symptoms on interent and i cam across Telogen Effluvium wher it says that the hair will grow back on its own, on August i checked my iron and thyorid levels, everything were ok. So i so I calmed down a bit.In 15 days it will be 6 months since my hair is falling out.By my estimation, I think that i lost 60% of my hair and 30% of eyebrows.I dont know what condition i have, Telogen Effluvium or some kind of Alopecia..
dermatologists here are very rude and not really educated about hair, just prescribe some some unknown Shampoo from their partner firm..

A pair of white hair appeared on my eyebrows and eyelashes before 20 days, is this a sign of improvement or i have some tyhroid condiction...??

Please help me, any advice would mean alot to me, losing hair has reflected to my life and grades in school, i dont go out like i did before, if i start to wear wig thye will starto t make fun of me..

Now about my life:

Do not smoke, do not drink, do not use drugs, I train, running, gym and have a healthy diet , alot proteins. In my family no one was bald or had any kind of patern baldness in the last 80 years, grandparents on both sides had a thick hair as a old hair brush, so i write off Genetics.

Are these symptoms of difuse alopecia or telogen effluvium, am i right?

This much thinning all over for the past six months including the eyebrows with white hairs appearing recently could be diffuse Alopecia Areata or a severe Chronic Telogen Effluvium due to some illness which has not yet been discovered. I would recommend a thorough work up by your doctor including tests for Thyroid and systemic metabolic illnesses as well as a biopsy done by a dermatologist. The biopsy must be done by a competent dermatologist who will send it to a special dermatopathologist who knows how to cut the hairs to be able to tell if it is Diffuse Alopecia Areata.  A heavy metal poisoning could look the same as what you have described so i would definitely see a good doctor who can refer you to a good specialist. This is not something easy to diagnose and treat no matter what country you live in.

QUESTION: I think that I have not been in contact with some heavy metals neither feel some symptoms of it, but just in case i am going to check it with abdomen echo,urine test and to check hormone of Thyroid,iron..

These white eyebrows and eyelash is that is that any sign of growth,  and if Thyroid is not an issue, could stress or teeth cause this mess?

I also 7-8 months ago took 2-3 times pills which was beta blocators, not using them since then..

White hairs growing back in bald spots are frequently a sign of Alopecia Areata.
Stress can cause shedding and hairs to turn white prematurely.
Beta blockers are yet another cause of hair loss although you did not seem to take them long enough to cause the present condition.  

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>

I have 30 years experience in the field of medical and surgical Hair Restoration and am Board Certified in Dermatology and Hair Restoration Surgery.

I have 30 years experience in the field of medical and surgical Hair Restoration and am Board Certified in Dermatology and Hair Restoration Surgery. More information can be found at my website