Hair Loss/hair loss

i am Ali from Pakistan, dear i am 24 and i have lost my 60% hair in last 3 years. i have used minoxidil solution and hairfin tablets but in vain. it is pattern baldness, my father have the same problem. please suggest me certain solution.

ANSWER: Hi Ali ...

I'm very sorry to hear about your hair troubles.  It is very difficult to lose one's hair so at so young of an age.  If you suffer from male pattern baldness like your father, you must understand that this condition is largely hereditary.

If you've tried Minoxidil solution and it didn't work, the only thing left to try would be Propecia, and I would not recommend that at all.  Like Monoxidil, it is a serious medication with serious potential side effects. There's little chance that it would cover 60% of your hair anyway.  Neither Rogaine nor Propecia deliver those sorts of results.

At this point, as I see it, you have three options:

1. You can wear nonsurgical hair systems, which are high-end toupees.  These can look very good if you locate the best company to produce it for you and help you maintain it.

2. You can try to increase your hair health through diet, nutrition and exercise.  Exercise each day, drink plenty of clean water and learn to eat better for your hair.

3.  You can accept your hair loss with grace, save a ton of money and worry, shave what is left off and do other things to make you feel good about yourself, such as learn to dress well; work out and exercise and take care of your body so you look healthy and attractive; be creative with art and/or music and empower yourself through creativity; reject the notion that one needs to have hair in order to look attractive and young and healthy.

I recommend doing #2 and #3.  They will change the quality of your life to the point where your hair loss won't even matter to you.  You won't even notice it.

I have written exclusively on health and nutrition in my other answers.  Please read them and review them.

#1 is a good choice, too, but it requires money, time and effort for something that isn't yours, as compared to #2 and #3, your body, your attitude, your health ... you keep that no matter what and it doesn't cost a thing.

QUESTION: Thanks you Doctor
thanks for your valued response. I have mastered recently, so i can build myself both physicaly and mentally. i also have infection in my hairs with rash.

Ali ... in infection in your hairs with a rash is not good.  It could be folliculitis, which can be a bacterial or viral infection that needs to be treated ASAP.

Please look here:

Read the number 1 article on treatment.  

Hair Loss

Michael Garcia

I can offer keen insight and expert, unbiased advice regarding hair loss treatments and solutions for men, women and children who are suffering from virtually any hair loss condition.

I have worked as a consultant in the hair loss industry for over 14 years. I am editor and spokesman for, the largest and most high profile hair loss-related website on the Internet today.

I am a member of the American Hair Loss Council.

My writing has appeared in the National Hair Journal,, LA Weekly as well as the Los Angeles Times.

I hold a BA in English and Philosophy with an MA in Comparative Literature.