Hair Loss/hair loss

I am 22 years old and have been having hashimoto's thyroiditis for 3 years now but my doctor didn't give me eny treatment. I have lost 60% of my hair.. Now my hair loss has stopped.. (I lose only 50 hairs but my hair still is not growing back).  I would like to ask you if essential oils can help to regrow my hair back..
Thank you

ANSWER: Hair loss is common with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Essential oils can help restore hair growth with this condition. Although essential oils can be very effective for stimulating new hair growth, it is also very important to treat the underlying condition as well. Because Hashimoto's is autoimmune it is important to keep immune system calm and balanced. Avoiding all food and environmental toxins and allergens is necessary. Food allergies and sensitivities are almost always present with autoimmune disorders. Hashimoto's often requires a complete gluten free diet as gluten intolerance is highly associated with Hashimoto's.
Because you say you have lost 60% of your hair and it has not grown back, you may have a form of alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is another autoimmune disease that sometimes occurs with Hashimoto's.  With alopecia areata the follicles can remain empty for periods of time. If you have any areas that are completely void of hair, alopecia areata should be considered.  
Telogen efflvuium can also occur with Hashimoto's but with telogen effluvium the follicles do not remain empty. The hair is replaced but can become very sparse looking if the shedding is severe and continuous. You can learn more about using essential oils as a natural hair loss remedy at the links provided below.
Please let me know if I can help you further.
Essential Oils for Hair Loss
Create Your Own Natural Hair Loss Remedies
Understanding Female Hair Loss

QUESTION: I don't think that it is alopecia areata because I have not any areas that are completely void of hair... It seems to be telogen efflvuium because hair that was falling had white bulb at the end.. most effective areas are temples and both sides of head..I am going to do blood test also for vitamin deficience I have read that vitamin d and vit b12 deficience is common with patiens with hashimoto's thyroiditis.. also I do not eat fruts and vegetables.. for 3 month I was taking vitamin b complex and than my hair loss stopped but I can't see regrowth.. Your site is very useful. I think that essential oils can help with hair regrowth and it is not dangerous.
Thank you for replying

Your are welcome. Please keep me posted with any further information about your condition.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig
Essential Oils for Hair Loss
Understanding Female Hair Loss  

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.