Hair Loss/Hair loss-temple region

Question
Hello, I am Abhinav ,a highschool student 17 years of age. Before my hairless at the temple regions I never bothered shampooing my hair or washing my body with soap regularly. If it was done, it was done rarely like once in 2 weeks. I have reduced my exercising routine ever since I graduated to highs hooligan for studying.
After I realized that I am losing my hair at the temple region I started shampooing everyday and would wash my body with soap too. I started jogging in the mornings to keep my test stroke level high. But this has started very recently. I would like to ask is this enough for me to compensate for my hair loss and grow new hair at the bald regions(temple areas only)? Further I would like to tell you some very important information. I have red spots on my forehead which I regularly wash with soap everyday from the day I saw. I suspect that this acne on my forehead may also be responsible for my hairless. Further I have long hair. Before my hairless I used to part my hair from right to left just like any geek does but i used to do it in such a manner that I look presentable. Soon I noticed bald spots only on the side of my hair at the temple region where I started parting my hair ie on the right side. After that I switched my hair style from left to right to cover the blind spot as the left side of my forehead temple region had hair. But soon after I noticed that the bald region go deeper and deeper. Now it has become a cause of worry as my forehead appears bigger and while jogging in the morning my hair redistributes on my forehead causing messiness and weak hair. My hair just flies if wind comes. I twould like to add that on putting shampoo my hair inflTes thus helping the problem reduce as if helps covering the forehead. Will my hair come back if I regulRly shampoo from now on. Is acne on my forehead a cause of my hairless.? Please help me. Thanks very much in advance .

Answer
Hair loss at your temples can indicate several types of problems. It may be a sign that male-pattern baldness is setting in. It can also be a sign that your hair follicles are unhealthy or under-performing. It may also mean you have a medical condition, like alopecia, that affects hair growth. If you begin to apply a medication called minoxidil to your thinning or balding patches, you could see new hair growth within a few months.
Step 1
See a doctor or dermatologist before starting minoxidil. Ask your doctor to evaluate your hair loss to make sure it's not due to an underlying medical condition. Discuss medications you're taking that may interfere with minoxidil to prevent dangerous side effects, like high blood pressure.

Step 2
Wash your hair, then dry your skin and hair completely. Do not apply minoxidil to wet hair or skin.
Step 3
Use your fingers or the applicator that comes with your minoxidil to apply the 1 mL of minoxidil to your scalp at your temples. Massage gently into the skin. Use twice per day unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Step 4
Avoid touching other parts of your body with the applicator or solution. Wash your hands immediately after applying minoxidil and clean up any spills or drips.
Step 5
Let your minoxidil solution dry for two to four hours before blow drying, getting your hair wet, sleeping or wearing any type of hat or head cover.
Step 6
Allow at least two weeks for the medication to stop hair loss. Use minoxidil for four months to determine if it will also regrow your hair. Hair growth occurs at different rates for different people.  

Hair Loss

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>