Hair Loss/male, hair loss, currently 18, may have started 3 years ago

Question
QUESTION: my cousins and aunty always notice that my hair is lesser at the crown of my head, some spiral thing in the middle of my head i think i have 2 instead of 1.... well its was visible and what they say was only u got 2 spirals that's why.... when i google images does not seem right to me at all... well i am scared... getting bald at the age of 18 feeling bad for other teenagers going through this...

ANSWER: Many people have two spirals( or cowlicks) on the crown of their head. This is not an indicator you are going bald.

Losing hair on the crown at age 18 may indicate you may develop a bald spot there later on and your best way to determine if that is likely is to look at your father's head and older men on mother's side of the family.

QUESTION: haha i think i am going bald anyway. my dad still have his hair though. My grandpa from my mother side surely did not have much hair. Well he has 5% of his hair left on his head so yeah he is currently "86 years old, healthy strong old man he is haha"... Well just going bald guess would be fine since its only hair. Thanks anyway and i am using tonic and stuff too, i forgot to mention my head is itchy randomly everyday. My hairstylist told me that i don't have much hair at the crown area only. He also check the skin of my head "hair area" and notice there are small red dots "not blood" he say that might be the problem that is making me bald. Well i already experience itchiness for 3 years already? I went and google and stuff for it and what i found is just some fungus infection but the picture i saw in the internet is just too extreme! Because mine is not like that at all. well my size of the bump on my head just looks like a mosquito bite, a small one ranging 0.5 cm ~ 1 cm. Well i do wash my hair daily now. Oh by the way i have more of those little red bump on near my crown area. Sorry if its long and thank you for reading.

Answer
If you are getting red bumps on your head you may have an infection which can also lead to scarring of the roots leading to balding. Please go see a dermatologist so it can be diagnosed and treated properly. The type of antibiotic will vary depending on what kind of infection the dermatologist sees.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>