Hair Loss/26/f hairloss

Question
Hello! I had asked you a question and wanted to ask a follow up but lost the link somehow. I had two bouts of TE this year due to stopping birth control pills. I see lots of regrowth, and you said to expect it in 6 months. It's only been about 2 months since the shedding stopped. Is that 6 months from that point ? I keep getting fine peach fuzz which seems to turn into normal hair after a month or two.

Thank you for being so insightful during this difficult time.

Answer
You should start seeing new growth in a 2 more months with most of it all grown back 4 months. It takes 4 months for hairs to shed and restart a new hair and since some are slower than others giving them an extra two months before starting to worry is what I advise my patients--
" Wait 4 to 6 months to see new growth" --whether that is after a shed due to changing of a birth control pill or after moving a hair from the back of the head to front after a hair transplant.  

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>