Hair Loss/Folliculitis?

Pic of area
Pic of area  
I have a few red bumps in my pubic area. Each bump (about 3-4) had a hair, and sometimes 2 hairs coming directly out of the bump. I pulled the hairs out with tweezers and have been using hydrocortisone and neosporin (read it may help on the net) they itched a little at first when the bump was there. Now the bumps have reduced in size but there is a bit of a larger pink area around the spots they were.  I don't know if its relevant but I have had folliculitis once before in close to the same area. I do wear jeans that don't breathe very well everyday for work and sweat a decent amount in this area. Is this folliculitis again? If so is there anything better I can do for it?

Hi John,

It is best to have a doctor check it out to help determine the type of rash that you are dealing with.  Rubbing from clothing can certainly contribute to your problem but it may be fungal, viral, bacterial????  Your discolorization may be due to the cortisone.  Worth having it looked at.

Best Regards.

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou

Questions Pertaining to Hair Loss; Hair Growth Rates; Unwanted Hair and most Hair related issues, for both men and women. Issues that pertain to causes, possible solutions, etc.

Over 20 years in the Study, Manufacture and Marketing of Non Drug/non medicinal or procedural Solutions to Hair Related issues.

President of Nisim International. Over 2 decades of working with many Top Tier Researchers and Scientists in developing some of the World's most effective and Safe Products for Hair.

Well known Hair Care Brands sold in over 40 Countries World Wide, both Professionally and at Retail.