Hair Loss/Hail fall

Question
Honorable Sir,  i am 20 years old. .my hair is falling very badly day by day..i ate vitamin B 50 about a month..bt the condision seems the same..sir, i am very much worried about it. .my scalp is so much oilly..nd has a lot of dandraff..and it often iching. .what i use in my hair to stop falling nd get back the lost hair. .please suggest me sir..

Answer
Itchy scaly scalp is almost always Seborrheic Dermatitis. This diagnosis should be confirmed by a dermatologist and the correct treatment then may include a prescription strength 2% ketoconizole (Nizoral) shampoo to be used every other day with a 1% or 2% Zinc Pyrithione Shampoo such as DHS Zinc Shampoo. The temporary increased oiliness and increased hair loss may be due to something stressful in the past few months. Once you have the oiliness and scaliness under control by daily shampooing using the medicated shampoos I think you will find the condition will improve dramatically. It may take four to six months to have the hairs grow back.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>