Hair Loss/My hair is thin and won't grow in one spot

I was diagnosed with seborrhea at age five. After decades of trying various medicines and recommended treatments, I found a routine that works for me. The key was Noble formula's zinc soap, combined with a topical pyrithione zinc cream.. It doesn't contain any of my vast list of irritation triggers ... I've learned the hard way that my scalp is extremely sensitive to sd-type alcohols, most preservatives, sulfiates and nut oils (especially the organic versions).

Thankfully the thin patches at the hairline are healthy now, I've been flare-up free for @ eight months now (prior to this routine, I had monthly flare-ups), and my scalp no longer itches constantly.

However, there is one patch, at the base of my head that is still very thin.

Do you have any suggestions?

FYI - I also have borderline low iron anemia and try to take iron regularly ... I hate the taste and side effects.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

It sounds like you've made tremendous progress in just eight months using your current treatment. Because it is working so well I would not try to add things or change things up at this point. Just give it more time to see what happens--especially since you've already tried so many things that you've had bad reactions to.
The main treatment that I recommend for stimulating new hair growth involves the use topical essential oil formulas.
Seborrhea mainly effects the hair and skin around the forehead hairline and also can spread to eyebrows and ears, etc. Do you know if the patch at the base is also due to seborrhea? Is it (or has it been) scaly and itchy in that area as well. Is it a bald patch or just thinning?
Although I would not recommend using multiple topicals at the same time, there are dietary recommendations that may be helpful. Anti-inflammatory diet can be very helpful for hair, as inflammation is involved with most (of not all) hair loss disorders.
Low iron/ferritin is commonly associated with hair loss. It is important to know the cause of low iron. If it is not due to inadequate dietary intake or heavy menstruation, there may be an underlying cause such as malabsorption issues, gluten intolerance, etc.
Stinging nettle is highly nutritious and a good source of absorbable iron. It is often used to promote healthy hair growth. Taking vitamin C with iron makes it more absorbable.
Please let me know if I can help you further.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig
Essential Oils for Hair Loss
Create Your Own Natural Hair Loss Remedies
Understanding Female Hair Loss

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig

Female hair loss is my main focus. Women today are very susceptible to several types of hair loss including telogen effluvium, alopecia areata, and androgenetic alopecia. I can answer questions about the causes and types of female hair loss. I can share information about natural holistic remedies to improve female hair loss conditions.

My interest in female hair loss sprung from my own experience with extensive hair loss. Determined to grow my hair back, I diligently studied every piece of information I could find on the biology of hair growth. After successfully re-growing my hair with safe and effective natural products, I felt compelled to learn more and to share this information with other women. I am experienced in blending custom hair loss formulas. I am also experienced in writing about female hair loss issues.

My hair loss information has been included in The Truth about Womens Hair Loss by Spencer Kobren, Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles, Alternative Healing by Bill Gottleib and Natural Health Magazine. I am the author of several books on hair loss.

I am a certified aromatherapist specializing in formulas for scalp and hair conditions.