Hair Loss/hair thinning

Question
how do I know if I have alopecia areata? I broke up with my girlfriend of two years and it was a very stressful experience for me .People told me I was getting Bald from the back Of my head and to my surprise I was losing hair every time I showered.You think my hair will grow back?

Answer
Usman:

Alopecia areata is not a hair loss condition.  It is an autoimmune disease and a quick trip to your dermatologist and a few tests would tell if you have alopecia areata.

You may have a condition called telogen effluvium, which is a temporary hair loss condition caused by a emotionally or physically stressful event.  These hairs usually have little white bulbs attached to the end.

If you have Telogen Effluvium, your hair will grow back when the stress is gone.

Hair Loss

Michael Garcia