Hair Loss/telogen hair loss!

Question
Heya, I put a hair dye on my hair which will be 2yrs in june, a couple months after I started having tingling and hot burning sensations. My hair started thinning a lot and I broke out in acne all over my face and body! Iv now been diagnosed with TE. But 2yrs later I still get tingling burning sensations and my hair has receded from forehead and sides also back of neck, even my eyebrows have thinned down :( iv now lost a lot of weight aswell is this all to do with TE? And could I have an infection under the skin from the hair dye?

Answer
The type of hair loss you describe does not sound like telogen effluvium. Telogen effluvium causes diffuse shedding rather than hair loss in localized areas as you describe. A type of hair loss known as frontal fibrosing alopecia causes hair loss at forehead hairline and sides. It can resemble a receding hairline. The baldness can recede up to five inches when the condition has fully progressed.  
Alopecia areata ophiasis can cause baldness at sides, around ears and extending to nape of neck. Both of these conditions can also cause eyebrow hair loss.
There are some health risks associated with some of the chemicals in hair dyes. An allergic reaction can cause contact dermatitis on the scalp. I don't think there would be a delay of two months for this to happen. Other health risks may be involved especially if dyes are used consistently over a prolonged period of time or the hair dye was not properly applied, left on too long, etc.
Telogen effluvium in itself does not cause weight loss. If you have not changed your diet or exercise routine and you are losing weight, it is very important to find out what is causing weight loss. Hair loss is not an isolated condition. It is a reflection of overall health and well-being. It is important to determine the underlying cause. Often more than one factor is involved. When attempting to determine the cause of hair loss it is important to consider every single symptom one may be having.
Essential oils are often effective for stimulating new hair growth and improving quality of existing hair. Although essential oils can help with many hair loss conditions it is still important to determine and treat underlying issue.
There is a condition known as burning scalp syndrome or trichodynia that causes a burning, tingling, or painful sensation on the scalp with associated hair loss. It is a poorly understood condition that is in need of further research.
I am including a link to an article on hair loss around edges to see if any of these conditions might apply to you. You can learn more about the types and causes of female hair loss and using essential oils as a natural hair loss treatment at the other links provided below.
Please let me know if I can help you further.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig
Female Hair Loss--Temples, Edges, Sides
http://ezinearticles.com/?Female-Hair-Loss-On-Sides,-Temples,-And-Around-Edges&i
Essential Oils for Hair Loss
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/aromatherapy%20for%20hair%20loss.html
Create Your Own Natural Hair Loss Remedies
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/Books%20info.html
Understanding Female Hair Loss
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/overcomefemalehairloss.html  

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig