Hair Loss/hairloss/dandruff

Question
Hello-
First and foremost, thank you for your service. I have always had really thick, wavy, corse hair. I've always also had some dandruff issues. However, as of the last year, my dandruff has gotten much worse around my hairline. It went from occasional flakes to chunks covering my scalp. I've noticed that my hair has started to thin around these same areas. Is there a correlation? What can I do help both? I am extremely worried about my hair loss- having had such thick hair all my life, this is one thing I never worried about. (My entire family has very thick hair even into their senior years.) Thank you again!

Answer
The forehead hairline is a common spot for seborrheic dermatitis to occur. The scales of seborrheic dermatitis can create a barrier on scalp, making it difficult for new hairs to permeate through. The hairs that do make it through can be thin and fragile.
Existing hairs can become "trapped" in the scales. When the scales come off the hair may come out with it. A professional examination can determine if the condition you have is seborrheic dermatitis. Once it is determined, you will have a variety of treatments to choose from, including natural remedies. There are other causes of hair loss around the forehead hairline such as frontal fibrosing alopecia, but the thick adherant flakes suggest the possibility of seborrheic dermatitis.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig
Understanding Female Hair Loss
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/overcomefemalehairloss.html

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig