Hair Loss/Regarding rogaine

Question
Hello there,

I am a 26 old male. It seems like I am suffering from chronic talogen effluvium. I am considering to take rogaine (minoxidil) for my condition. Read that it stops the hair fall. can you tell me weather it will stop hair fall in the entire scalp for talogen effluvium patients or just the crown(vertex)region is helped?

Thanks.

Answer
Minoxidil is mostly intended for androgenetic alopecia (male patterned baldness or female patterned hair loss.) Minoxidil cannot cure chronic telogen effluvium. Chronic telogen effluvium indicates an internal imbalance that needs to be identified and corrected in order for the hair growth cycle to return to normal. Telogen effluvium does not cause permanent hair loss or complete baldness. The hair that is lost does get replaced with a new hair. When telogen effluvium is long-lasting and severe the new hair growth may not have a chance to catch up with the rate of loss. This can result in thinner looking hair with less volume. Minoxidil often causes an initial shed when first being used, and another shed when the product is discontinued.
Essential oil scalp treatments can help stimulate new and healthy hair growth without the adverse side effects. Although essential oils can help with the condition of one's hair, it is still important to determine and treat the underlying issue.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig
Understanding Female Hair Loss
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/overcomefemalehairloss.html

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig