hi, im a 29 yr old female, and up until 6ths months ago, had a thick head of hair, but in that time, i have lost half of my hair in thickness, and has gone very thin round the front, where you can see my scalp, my sister who is 30 also is very thin round the front, what is the cause of this? and will it get better? my scalp is also very itchy and abit flacky?

Hello Stacey,

My first suggestion is to get a blood test specifically testing for the Thyroid.  Have you gone on any extreme diets or use of any meds or steroids? Extreme Stress recently?  Any surgeries in the last year?  Do you shampoo regularly with hot water and rinse very thoroughly?

Best Regards.  

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou

Questions Pertaining to Hair Loss; Hair Growth Rates; Unwanted Hair and most Hair related issues, for both men and women. Issues that pertain to causes, possible solutions, etc.

Over 20 years in the Study, Manufacture and Marketing of Non Drug/non medicinal or procedural Solutions to Hair Related issues.

President of Nisim International. Over 2 decades of working with many Top Tier Researchers and Scientists in developing some of the World's most effective and Safe Products for Hair.

Well known Hair Care Brands sold in over 40 Countries World Wide, both Professionally and at Retail.