Hair Loss/THINNING HAIR

Question
hi, im a 29 yr old female, and up until 6ths months ago, had a thick head of hair, but in that time, i have lost half of my hair in thickness, and has gone very thin round the front, where you can see my scalp, my sister who is 30 also is very thin round the front, what is the cause of this? and will it get better? my scalp is also very itchy and abit flacky?

Answer
Hello Stacey,

My first suggestion is to get a blood test specifically testing for the Thyroid.  Have you gone on any extreme diets or use of any meds or steroids? Extreme Stress recently?  Any surgeries in the last year?  Do you shampoo regularly with hot water and rinse very thoroughly?

Best Regards.  

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou