Hair Loss/hair

QUESTION: "hi, i'm 34 experiencing hair loss from a year. iv'e mild mpb but my problem is mild SD. my scalp builds olis and dead skin cells for which iv'e to shampoo daily. my dr prescribed me nizoral,  Fluocinolone Acetonide shampoo and beclomethasone dp ointment to relieve inflammation. but situation remains as it is. only itch is relieved. please tell me if this shampoo is ok or it will cause further hair loss. does scalp eczema causes hair loss."

ANSWER: Hello Jones,

Extreme flaking can certainly cause more hair loss than would be normal.  Daily shampoo is fine BUT make sure to do a double wash and rinse.  Scrub and MOST IMPORTANTLY RINSE very thoroughly.  Use hot water.  Many people have had great results from using a combination of (one every other day) of Head and Shoulders and Selsun Blue.  Do not apply oils to your scalp/hair and keep away from any Leave In Conditioners or Styling Products.

A good thorough wash and VERY thorough Rinse will help to eliminate this problem.

Good Luck.

QUESTION: hi, thankyou for your reply. i want to know is this condition treatable and does shampooing daily will cause more hair loss. i also want to ask if i shave my head will it help me ?

Hello Jones,

I personally went through a very similar problem years ago and I finally did shave my head (every other day for 10 days)and used the 2 types of dandruff shampoo and it solved my problem except for the odd , minor flare up.

If you are able to do this, I believe it will be very helpful.

Good Luck.

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou

Questions Pertaining to Hair Loss; Hair Growth Rates; Unwanted Hair and most Hair related issues, for both men and women. Issues that pertain to causes, possible solutions, etc.

Over 20 years in the Study, Manufacture and Marketing of Non Drug/non medicinal or procedural Solutions to Hair Related issues.

President of Nisim International. Over 2 decades of working with many Top Tier Researchers and Scientists in developing some of the World's most effective and Safe Products for Hair.

Well known Hair Care Brands sold in over 40 Countries World Wide, both Professionally and at Retail.