Hair Loss/scarring alopecia

Question
Hi, I am a 45 y/o woman who has been experiencing scarring alopecia for 5 yrs. I have tried everything possible, prescribed by the physician, and nothing has seemed to work. My physician has stated that my hair will NEVER grow back, and currently I continue to go bald. Do you know of any aromatherapy that will help individuals regrow hair suffering from scarring alopecia?

Answer
Scarring alopecia, also known as cicatricial alopecia is a "category" of hair loss, rather than a type of hair loss. There are many different types of hair loss within the category. Some examples include lichen planopilaris, central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia, frontal fibrosing alopecia, folliculitis decalvans, discoid lupus, etc. It is important to know what type of scarring alopecia you have as treatments may vary,and there may be an underlying issue that needs to be addressed.
With this type of hair loss, treatment centers around keeping the condition from spreading. If scar tissue has formed over a follicle, hair will no longer be able to grow from that particular follicle. Because scarring is under the surface, a scalp biopsy is often used to determine if there is scarring and to what extent.
Because scarring alopecia is a inflammatory condition, some experts suggest anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle to help control the condition.
Many essential oils used for hair and scalp have anti-inflammatory properties. Essential oil scalp treatments can be used to improve quality of existing hair and to help inhibit progression of scarring.
Sincerely,
Melanie Vonzabuesnig
Understanding Female Hair Loss
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/overcomefemalehairloss.html
Essential Oils for Hair Loss
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/aromatherapy%20for%20hair%20loss.html
Create Your Own Natural Hair Loss Remedies
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/Books%20info.html  

Hair Loss

Melanie Vonzabuesnig