Hair Loss/Telogen effluvium 26/female

Hello doctor!

I had two insidious bouts telogen effluviums from stopping two different birth control pills in the last year and a half. I am 26 years old. The shedding slowed in November, and I can already see a considerable difference in hair density on top of the head, I understand it will take many more months to feel the difference in the density all over.

My question is that sometimes I find shorter hairs shedding after a wash, and I seem to be shedding more now that summer is here. Is this normal, or should I start to worry again? I am losing an average amount of hair lately and don't ever want to experience losing hair again.  Neither of my parents have pattern loss, they have slight thinning at most in their late 50s

Also, I have been exercising regularly (4-5 days a week for 40 minutes) and I read that excessive exercise can cause hair loss too, is that considered excessive?

thanks for all your help.

Dear Abby
Telogen effluvium usually occur when anybody took contraceptive pill ; you noticed on changing pills . This is not usual phenomenon. You can try pill with low progesteron. Hair fall may have some seasonal variation. Nothing to be worried about seasonal hair fall. Exercise don't cause any hair fall; rather it is helpful for healthy life and healthy hair. So you have nothing to be worried about seasonal hair fall.
You carry your exercise and take balanced diet; avoid fast food; erase stress ; you will be OK.

Hair Loss

Dr S M Bakhtiar Kamal, MBBS, DDV, MD

I can answer all kinds of question related to hair diseases & liposuction. Can't answer other questions.

I am experienced in various field of Dermatology, Dermatosugery, Hair Transplant, Treatment of Hair disorders, Microdermabrasion, Dermabrasion, BOTOX, PRP, Chemical peel, Electrosurgery, Cryosugery, Breast augmentation, Breast reduction, Ultrasonic lipolysis, Tumescent liposuction.

Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka, Bangladesh

MBBS DDV MD (dermatology)

Member- Bangladesh Dermatological Society (BDS). Member- European Society of Cosmetic & Aesthetic Dermatology(ESCAD). Life member- The Hair Research Society of India Life member- The Cosmetic Dermatology Society of India. Life member- Association of Cutaneous surgeons of India.