Hair Loss/thin lifeless hair

Question
Dear Dr.Panagotacos,

My name is Conny,female,47 years old.

I have written you many times about my hairloss.

I take:1 tablet Diane 35,and 2 tablets Androcure 50,every day,all year round,without any pause(so 365 days).

Since 7 weeks,I have also taken,3 tablets,Nutrihair,daily.

It is a supplement from Professor Rushton

He says:3 tablets Nutrihair,daily,with Diane 35,and Androcure 100,gives significantly better results.

I wash my hair,every other day,with Prell shampoo.

All the oily yellow flakes,on my scalp,I wrote you about some time ago,are completely gone.

My scalp looks completely clear,and I have no hairloss anymore.

My dermatologists,and endocrinologists,tell me,I am doing everything I can for my hair,but......my hair still looks very thin and lifeless.....as if it is missing something!.

Do you have any advice?

I really hope you can help me!.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Yours Faithfully,

Conny van Rijswijk

Answer
Hi Connie,
 I am very happy to learn your ongoing hair loss has finally stopped and that you have a daily treatment plan which not only is a very good one but one you tolerate well. Once this level of equilibrium is reached it takes a few months for the hairs that changed from their telogen phase to their active growing anagen phase to start showing hairs which are thicker in diameter and longer in length. Remembering that they only grow 1 cm per month it will take you awhile to actually see the denser hairs long enough to comb.
Besides the Prell Shampoo I suggest you use a thickening conditioner, perhaps Prell moisturizing clean rinse hair conditioner. This will have noting to do with how well the hairs grow out but will help with adding a coating to the keratin coating of the hair shaft which will make the hairs look and feel thicker.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>