Hair Loss/Hair loss


Hi, my son is 37 years old and has a thick head of hair.  In the last year he has noticed thinning on the crown of his head about the size of a quarter.  He has tried Rogaine for the last year but has not seen any results.  Needless to say he is concerned and would like to do what he can to stop the progression.  There are a lot of obvious scams out there.  Any suggestions would be appreciated as it is hard to figure out who to go to that would give legitimate advice.  Thank you.

Your son has what is called male pattern hair loss which is genetic. I would recommend the oral medication Propecia. You take one pill a day but he will have to take the medication for the rest of his life because if he stops all the hair that grew back will eventually fall out.

Hair Loss

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>


published over 50 articles on the subject.

©2017 All rights reserved.