Hair Loss/Hair Replacement

Question
Hello:

What is the cost for hair transplantation/replacement?  I know that it will vary from person to person, but can you give me a general idea? Is $20,000 to much?

I thank you for your reply.

Answer
The cost of hair transplantation varies depending on the extent of balding that needs restoration. The cost is frequently charged by the number of grafts done per session. Depending on the technique used ( FUE vs Strip method) the average costs can range from $4 to $10 per graft.
Many patients are satisfied with only one procedure but many others have two procedures 9 months apart to get the density they need. The average cost per session is about $10,000  for about 1700 grafts. If you send me a photo I can give you some idea of how many grafts I think you may need and whether it should or could be done in one session.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>