Hair Loss/reasons to loss of hair on chest

Question
i am 18 and iam losing my hair on chest legs and hands.

Answer
Usually loss of hair on other parts of the body are due to a condition called Alopecia Areata. Most of the time the loss is spotty. This condition is commonly treated by dermatologists by topical cortisone or even injections of cortisone. At this site you can see photos of this condition and can decide if that is what you have. The photos are of spots of baldness on the head but the same thing can happen on the body.
ttp://www.dermnetnz.org/hair-nails-sweat/alopecia-areata.html

If the loss is generalized with thinning evenly distributed then there may be some metabolic illness causing the loss which would require a complete work up by a doctor. In the US this would be a specialist in Internal Medicine. The thinning or loss all over the body could be Alopecia Areata - a rare diffuse type or it could be due to some drug or illness.

In either case this is something a doctor needs to evaluate this condition and would have to actually see the type of loss, determine if the hairs are coming out easily or if they are broken off.

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>