Hair Loss/suboric dermatitis

Question
I recently went to a dermatologist about a problem I have been having with itchy places in my scalp for the last few years. Rough dry patches where I my hair breaks off. He said I have seborrheic dermatitis and gave me a 1% shampoo to use every three days, it seems to help but its not going away.
I was too embarrassed to ask my doctor but my question for you  is could I have gotten this from my dogs? It all started when two of my dogs got a spot on their fur where they lost their hair and itched real bad. I scratched it for them and not long after my scalp started itching and my hair breaking off. Their spot got well and hair grew back only one dog you can still see where it was.

Answer
Dear Dora

Seborrheic Dermatitis- is an eczema/dermatitis of unknown cause. It seems to be endogenous origin ( defects in bodies own system ). Dermatitis may be influenced by external factors,but not a contagious disease.You should continue the shampoo.

Regards
Dr Bakhtiar Kamal

Hair Loss

Dr S M Bakhtiar Kamal, MBBS, DDV, MD