Hair Loss/suboric dermatitis

I recently went to a dermatologist about a problem I have been having with itchy places in my scalp for the last few years. Rough dry patches where I my hair breaks off. He said I have seborrheic dermatitis and gave me a 1% shampoo to use every three days, it seems to help but its not going away.
I was too embarrassed to ask my doctor but my question for you  is could I have gotten this from my dogs? It all started when two of my dogs got a spot on their fur where they lost their hair and itched real bad. I scratched it for them and not long after my scalp started itching and my hair breaking off. Their spot got well and hair grew back only one dog you can still see where it was.

Dear Dora

Seborrheic Dermatitis- is an eczema/dermatitis of unknown cause. It seems to be endogenous origin ( defects in bodies own system ). Dermatitis may be influenced by external factors,but not a contagious disease.You should continue the shampoo.

Dr Bakhtiar Kamal

Hair Loss

Dr S M Bakhtiar Kamal, MBBS, DDV, MD

I can answer all kinds of question related to hair diseases & liposuction. Can't answer other questions.

I am experienced in various field of Dermatology, Dermatosugery, Hair Transplant, Treatment of Hair disorders, Microdermabrasion, Dermabrasion, BOTOX, PRP, Chemical peel, Electrosurgery, Cryosugery, Breast augmentation, Breast reduction, Ultrasonic lipolysis, Tumescent liposuction.

Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka, Bangladesh

MBBS DDV MD (dermatology)

Member- Bangladesh Dermatological Society (BDS). Member- European Society of Cosmetic & Aesthetic Dermatology(ESCAD). Life member- The Hair Research Society of India Life member- The Cosmetic Dermatology Society of India. Life member- Association of Cutaneous surgeons of India.