Hair Loss/hair loss

Question
dear sir

i am suffering from hair loss since 12 yers. my hair volume has been reduced to 30% (something like diffused hair loss but i am not sure what type of hair loss am i suffering .). hair have been week , thin. But hair on whole head .[ top of the head have less hair than sides] hair growth rate has been slow . sometimes itching & dandruff occur . When I examine hair It dont Contain the root of hair. I think it falls just above the roots means leaving the root on the scalp or inside the scalp .my hair has been a little bit thin. New hair come but donot live many days. i also suffered from conspitation from long time approx 8-9 yrs. Not good bowel   movement take 15 -20 minutes in the morning. I always worry about good bowel   movement. My hair from other part such as forearm, leg , chest, [some time eyebrow, eyelid] when rub come in hand.

Body examination ……….

my weight is 51 kg & unmarried , color fair a little yellowish, height 174 cm. and fair skin color . I started masturbation in the age of 17. i did masturbate ocassionly not making habit .And now since last 2 years   , if I do masturbate in any of   month,  my whole body aches whole of that day.but if night fall occurred ,my body  donot have any pain.so I don’t  masturbate .I want to know from you, are these thing resulted in hairloss?   
After urination when I stand and walk ,  2 or 3 drop of urine again come but it is sure  that it is urine . it is continued since last 8-9 years .

Some times there is white discharge [milky urine ] for 1-2 seconds and then it become in normal urine  after that suddenly  I feel weakness .

family history …………

in my family my father have partial baldness . 2 of 5 siblings suffered from hair loss problem . but my grandfather have no suchlike and have good hair . my mother have sometimes scalp itching but not regular . she is diabetic type 1 . there is also good hair in my mother side family . my uncle also have good hair
I donot smoke. . I donot drink. I donot take fast food. Before Hair falling I had full head of hair . now  I have 30 % of my hair but have throughout scalp.

Medicine used by me……
recently  I have used  follihair( new)  for 3 months .my hair fall reduced to 90 % and hair began to regrow . But after stopping medicine the same hair fall problem reoccurred and no hair regrow .

i  request you please analyse my problem, and please  refer  which can solve my hairfall problem and can get hair back. Plz  plz..help me

Many Many Thanks for reading my lenthy post.
Suhail

Answer
With certain types of hair loss, such as male pattern hair loss which is what you have. You have to use medication the rest of your life otherwise the hair will fall out. If follihair works for you then continue to use the product.. The two products we use in the USA are Rogaine for Men and the oral medication Propecia. But again if you stop using the hair grow product your hair will fall out again.

Male pattern baldness is the most common type of hair loss in men.

Causes
Male pattern baldness is related to your genes and male sex hormones. It usually follows a pattern of receding hairline and hair thinning on the crown, and is caused by hormones and genetic predisposition.

Each strand of hair you have sits in a tiny hole (cavity) in the skin called a follicle. Baldness in general occurs when the hair follicle shrinks over time, resulting in shorter and finer hair. Eventually, the follicle does not grow a new hair. However, the follicles remain alive, which suggest that it's possible to grow new hair.

Symptoms
The typical pattern of male baldness begins at the hairline. The hairline gradually moves backward (recedes) and forms an "M" shape. Eventually the hair becomes finer, shorter, and thinner, and creates a U-shaped (or horseshoe) pattern of hair around the sides of the head.

Exams and Tests
Classic male pattern baldness is usually diagnosed based on the appearance and pattern of the hair loss.

It is important to note that hair loss may be due to other conditions. This may be true if your hair loss occurs in patches, you shed a lot of hair, your hair breaks, or you have hair loss along with redness, scaling, or pain.

A skin biopsy or other procedures may be needed to diagnose other disorders that cause hair loss.

Hair analysis is not accurate for diagnosing hair loss due to nutritional or similar disorders. However, it may reveal substances such as arsenic or lead.

Treatment
Treatment is not necessary if you are comfortable with your appearance. Hair weaving, hairpieces, or change of hairstyle may disguise the hair loss. This is usually the least expensive and safest approach for male baldness.

Two medications are approved to treat male pattern baldness:

Minoxidil (Rogaine) is a solution that you apply directly to the scalp to stimulate the hair follicles. It slows hair loss for many men, and some men grow new hair. Hair loss returns when you stop using this medicine.
Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar) is a pill that interferes with the production of a certain male hormone linked to baldness. It slows hair loss. It works a bit better than minoxidil. Hair loss returns when you stop using this medicine.
Hair transplants consist of removing tiny plugs of hair from areas where the hair is continuing to grow and placing them in areas that are balding. This can cause minor scarring and possibly, infection. The procedure usually requires multiple sessions and may be expensive. Results, however, are often excellent and permanent.

Suturing hair pieces to the scalp is not recommended. It can result in scars, infections, and abscess of the scalp. The use of hair implants made of artificial fibers was banned by the FDA because of the high rate of infection.

Outlook (Prognosis)
Male pattern baldness does not indicate a medical disorder, but it may affect self-esteem or cause anxiety. The hair loss is usually permanent.

Possible Complications
Psychological stress
Loss of self-esteem due to change in appearance

Hair Loss

Michael S. Fisher, <B>Ph.D., M.D.</B>