Hair Loss/Hair Loss Regrowth

QUESTION: I'm 47 years old and during these last 2 years noticed considerable hair loss on the top back of the scalp. My father and grandfather had the same type of hair loss so I think it must be 'genetical'. I would like to know which is the best product currently on the market such as shampoo / conditioner / other product that really works and can help me stop hair loss and at the same time produce hair regrowth. I'm looking a simple to use product that does not cost a lot of money to maintain week after week.

ANSWER: Dear Sir

You are suffering from male pattern baldness(MPB)
This is a genetic disease.
You can use tablet Finasteride 1 mg daily for minimum 2 years.

Dr S M Bakhtiar Kamal
Assistant Professor
Dhaka Medical College,
Life member- The Hair Research Society Of India
Life member-The Cosmetic Dermatology Society of India
Life member- The Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India
Member- ESCAD
Member- WOSIAM

QUESTION: Dear Dr Kamal,
Thanks for your reply. Would Finasteride tablets be enough as a hair-loss treatment or do I need other products? What are the side effects of finasteride?

Dear sir
Finasteride alone is not sufficient but it is gold standard to prevent hair loss. No drug is devoid of side effects but side effects are minimal or insignificant. You also can take minoxidil lotion to boost the effect of treatment.
Dr Kamal

Hair Loss

Dr S M Bakhtiar Kamal, MBBS, DDV, MD

I can answer all kinds of question related to hair diseases & liposuction. Can't answer other questions.

I am experienced in various field of Dermatology, Dermatosugery, Hair Transplant, Treatment of Hair disorders, Microdermabrasion, Dermabrasion, BOTOX, PRP, Chemical peel, Electrosurgery, Cryosugery, Breast augmentation, Breast reduction, Ultrasonic lipolysis, Tumescent liposuction.

Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka, Bangladesh

MBBS DDV MD (dermatology)

Member- Bangladesh Dermatological Society (BDS). Member- European Society of Cosmetic & Aesthetic Dermatology(ESCAD). Life member- The Hair Research Society of India Life member- The Cosmetic Dermatology Society of India. Life member- Association of Cutaneous surgeons of India.