Hair Loss/hair restoration

Sir, I was experiencing hair loss for last 11years, now I'm 26. On May'13 I've done hair restoration surgery. 3months have paseed but there is no significant improvement. Moreover, after10 days of the operation, I've experienced shedding. My sculp is very oily. Now my question is, will the hairs again grow in the surgery area? Or the restoration surgery was unsuccessful? Now I'm using Avogain 5% solution everyday and also taking following tablets:

1. Monday & Thursday- Amino 18, ESP
2. Tuesday & Friday- Osteocal D, Zinc 20
3. Wednesday & Saturday- Recur, Multivit.

It would be so kind of you if you answer. Thanks..

Do not worry. In another month or two you will see the new hairs.  What you are experiencing is called a Telogen Effluvium due to moving hair follicles from one area to another. The hair follicle and hair in it are moved during the surgery. After a few days to a week it seems the hair is growing but in reality it is moving up and out getting reading to start a new hair cycle. Typically most of the hairs from a hair transplant will fall out about 4 weeks after the surgery. It then takes another three to four months to see the new hair growing out from the follicle which is going through the transition of Catagen to Telogen to Anagen phases. Initially there should be about 3 months in which you can not see the new hairs. The topical treatments as well as your oral supplements may help these hairs grow back a bit sooner and help them with needed nutrients.
If you read Chapter 13 in my book "Hair Loss Answers" there is a paragraph which discusses this.

Usually these old hairs fall out as the transplanted follicles go into the telogen or resting stage after transplantation. Minoxidil lotion can be used to help minimize the shock to the new hair follicles; loss of the donor hairs within the first week is perfectly normal. Immediately after surgery the transplanted grafts will begin to develop new connections to the blood supply. Once the new blood supply is fully established, they will begin to grow new hairs on a permanent basis. This usually takes four to six months.

The new hairs will grow at the rate of about one-half inch a month, just as all the other hairs on your head grow. After about four to six months the transplanted follicles will have grown out hairs long enough to begin contributing some additional density to your hair. The transplanted follicles will continue growing new hairs for as long as the hair follicles still on the back of your head keep growing new hairs.

Chapter 2 deals with the normal growth cycles--

Hair Loss

Peter J. Panagotacos, <B>M.D.</B>

I have 30 years experience in the field of medical and surgical Hair Restoration and am Board Certified in Dermatology and Hair Restoration Surgery.

I have 30 years experience in the field of medical and surgical Hair Restoration and am Board Certified in Dermatology and Hair Restoration Surgery. More information can be found at my website