Hair Loss/Identified hair loss

Question
Hello there

I wonder if you can help?  I am a 37 year old lady and have suffered hair loss on a d off since I was in my late teens. It always used to fall out evenly all over then grow back but about 4-5 years ago it started thinning again and this time has not grown back.  I now have receding temples and very thin hair across the top especially in the front where you can see my scalp.  I was diagnosed with 'alopecia' when I was 20 but was not given a specifics.  Does this sound like a particular type of alopecia to  you?  It doesn't seem to fit into any particular category to me.

Many thanks

Answer
Hi Lucy,

I am not sure what an "alopecia" diagnosis means either??  Have you checked your Thyroid? Do you take any meds or Steroids that may interfere with healthy hair growth? Any Surgery over the last few years? Daily Supplements, exercise and Scalp massages will only help, as well.

Best Regards

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou