Hair Loss/Rogaine

Hi. Does rogaine damage hair follicles?   I used rogaone for many years with great results. However I had to stop because my hair became extremely dry and started to break off.  I was off rogaine for almost two years and my hsir never fell out. This past summer my doctor increased my thyroid medicine and be and hyper. Hair started to fall out  dermatologist suggested I used rogaine.  I used it twice and stopped on the second day because it caused too much breakage.  My hair looks horrible thin dry still breaking off not much growth. Especially where I put rogaine.  Does rogaine cause permanent damage to hair follicles or hair.  The sides and front where I put it are so dry and thin. Is this permanent.  I'm very concern my hair in front and sides will never grow back. Thank you

Dear Remi,

I recently had a VERY similar question and I am copying the response as it applies perfectly in your case as well:

Your experience is not common and it should not be a permanent problem.  The main concern, of course, is regulating your Thyroid.  Proper diet exercise, daily scalp massages and Supplements will all contribute to healthy hair growth.  Your hair's esthetic appearance can be helped with a good rinse out conditioner (avoid leave in products as much as possible).

Best of Luck.

Hair Loss

John Nikolaou

Questions Pertaining to Hair Loss; Hair Growth Rates; Unwanted Hair and most Hair related issues, for both men and women. Issues that pertain to causes, possible solutions, etc.

Over 20 years in the Study, Manufacture and Marketing of Non Drug/non medicinal or procedural Solutions to Hair Related issues.

President of Nisim International. Over 2 decades of working with many Top Tier Researchers and Scientists in developing some of the World's most effective and Safe Products for Hair.

Well known Hair Care Brands sold in over 40 Countries World Wide, both Professionally and at Retail.